Last year, Think Tank Photo, the makers of Mindshift Gear, graciously sent us several of their MindShift’s BackLight® series camera backpacks to give away. Four packs comprise the BackLight Series – the 18L, the 26L, the 36L, and the Elite 45L versions.
So we started to give them away!
Four Backpacks = Four Contests
For our first contest, entrants needed to complete the statement, “I want to Chase the Milky Way in….” We randomly picked a winner and we let them choose which backpack they wanted. Our winner, Jeff
Our second contest required entrants to state the location that they might photograph the Milky Way during August, 2019 and pick between the 18L and the 26L bag. Our randomly selected winner Mark Roberts chose the Backlight 26L pack. Mark said that Death Valley would be a great place to use the backpack.
The third contest was for the Backlight 18L backpack. For this contest, we required entrants to take a screenshot of the MilkyWayPhotographers.com home page and share it on their personal Facebook or Instagram account. Everyone had the chance to enter twice, by posting into both FB and IG. Again, by random selection, our winner was Jeff James.
Three Down, One to Go!
So that means, we still have one camera bag to give away! The Mindshift Backlight 36L backpack.
However, this bag will require you to put in a little more work to win. The rules and requirements are below.
About the Mindshift Backlight® Series
The BackLight® series of camera bags stand out for outdoor photography. With a rear-panel compartment, they allow gear access without taking the bag off. The BackLight® series consists of four bags: 18L, 26L, 36L, and the Elite 45L.
For this giveaway, the winner will receive the BackLight® 36L. Currently listed at $289.99, some of the specs include:
- The back panel opening allows access to all of your gear when taking the pack off is not an option.
- Dedicated compartments fit up to a 15” laptop and a 10” tablet.
- Daypack capacity! Front pockets totaling 11L to carry personal gear for a day’s outing like extra layers, a light jacket, food, etc.
- Meets most International and US carry-on requirements. (Check with your airline for current carry-on requirements.)
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
Designed for Comfort
The Mindshift Backlight 36L backpack is designed for all-day comfort with the following features:
- Padded waist belt for all-day comfort with webbing rail for attaching MindShift accessories
- Quick fit waist belt adjustment for rapid and convenient fitting
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or chilled fingers
- Highest quality YKK RC Fuse zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long-lasting durability and strength
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access to essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Compatible with the Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive,
I like Big Bags and I Cannot Lie
This is no small pack! It’s perfect for those that want to take more than a minimal amount of gear into the field. It can hold:
- 2 gripped DSLRs with lenses attached and 4–6 standard zoom lenses plus a flash
- 2 gripped mirrorless bodies with lenses attached and 6–8 lenses plus a flash
- Laptop up to a 15” laptop and a 10” tablet
- Personal gear in the 11L front compartments
- Maximum lens size: 600mm f/4 detached from body.
For a complete list of its specifications, visit the Mindshift Backlight 36L page.
How To Enter
For this 36L Mindshift Backlight bag contest, it is a judged contest. The staff of MilkyWayPhotographers.com makes up the panel of judges and will pick the winner. Follow the rules. Simples.
- The deadline to enter is 11:59 PM PST, June 7th, 2020.
- Entries must be taken between sunset and sunrise. They do not have to be “Milky Way” photos. Any photo taken under the night sky is acceptable.
- Entries must be taken during 2019 or 2020.
- You have three ways to enter. You may use all three of them to increase your chances!
- Share one image on Instagram with the hashtag “#milkywayphotographers,” and tag our page, @milkywayphotographers.
- Join our Facebook Group and post one image. Include the hashtag “#milkywayphotographers” in your post.
- Post one image to your MilkyWayPhotographers.com Member Gallery. You can make
a useraccount on MilkyWayPhotographers, Create a Gallery in your Members space, and upload an image into the gallery. Include the hashtag #milkywayphotographers in the image description.
- Your entry must declare that the image is a single shot, blend, or composite. For more information, see our article, How to be Honest in Your Photo Captions.
- Include the story behind your image in your entry post.
- You must have a
rawfile(s) available to be presented upon request to verify authorship.
- By entering, you permit MilkyWayPhotographers to use your name and photos in the public announcement, social media posts, and any follow-up articles.
- One winner per giveaway.
- Open to residents of the Continental USA only. No shipping outside of the CONUS.
- No MilkyWayPhotographers.com staff are eligible to enter.
The winner will be chosen by the writers for MilkyWayPhotographers.com at our own discretion. Likes, shares, and comments will not increase your odds of winning, but if you want to say some glowing words about much you love MilkyWayPhotographers.com in your post, we’d love to hear them. And they sure can’t make your odds worse!
Thank you. And good luck!
- Is There an Eclipse Today? How to Plan and Photograph a Total Lunar Eclipse. - November 13, 2021
- Photograph the Perseid Meteor Shower, August 11-12, 2021 - July 29, 2021
- 2021 Nightscaper Conference Pre-Event Webinars - March 26, 2021